I've been doing some research online to see if I could find out about Hair Growth. As I want to grow my hair out quite long, and wanted to find tips and tricks to help it grow.
An average person's hair grows half an inch a month.
B Vitamins help hair growth as well as nails.
Your Diet depends on how your hair grows, so eat a lot of Protein foods...
- Meats - Lean cuts of Beef, Ham, Lamb, Pork, Veal.
- Meats - Lean ground meats - Beef, Pork, Lamb.
- Poultry - Chicken, Duck, Goose, Turkey, Ground Chicken and Turkey.
- Eggs - Chicken eggs, Duck eggs.
- Beans and Peas - Bean burgers, Black beans, Black-eyed peas, Chickpeas, Kidney beans, Lentils, Lima beans, Soy beans, Split peas, White beans.
- Nuts and Seeds - Almonds, Cashews, Hazelnuts, Mixed nuts, Peanuts, Peanut butter, Pecans, Pistachios, Pumpkin seeds, Sesame seeds, Sunflower seeds, Walnuts.
- Seafood - Finfish such as - Catfish, Cod, Flounder, Haddock, Mackerel, Salmon, Swordfish, Trout, Tuna.
- Seafood - Shellfish such as - Clams, Crab, Lobster, Mussels, Oysters, Scallops, Shrimp.
- Seafood - Canned Fish such as - Anchovies, Clams, Tuna, Sardines.
Stress can cause your hair not to grow.
Brushing your hair when wet with a bristle brush can cause damage to your hair.
Wash your hair every other day or every other other day if your hair can take it not being greasy.
Dry Shampoo inbetween washes so your hair won't look greasy and make it look fresh.
Also try changing shampoos every time you wash your hair so you won't be using the same shampoo all the time.
Deep condition your hair with a hair mask at least once a week. Also use leave in conditioners every time you wash your hair. Don't put conditioners on your scalp (makes hair greasy)
Don't wash your hair with hot water, its not good for your hair.
Don't use heat styling tools on your hair, it will damage your hair and also make your hair dry out. If you are going to use hair straighteners / hair curlers then use them once a week.
Air drying your hair is best as your not getting any heat to your hair and letting it dry naturally.
If you are using a hair dryer use it on the cool setting. Also if using hair dryer to make your hair more volume, blow dry hair upside down.
Also if you do use any heat styling tools use protect heat spray on your hair first.
Cut the ends of your hair every 8 weeks.
When washing your hair use the palm of your hand to rub the shampoo and conditioner in.
There are Hair growth tablets as well that you can use. Find them in pharmacy stores.
Also for split ends you can use split rememdies / sprays.
Don't back comb your hair as can cause damage and dead ends.
Brush your hair regularly.
Don't dye your hair a lot.